Thank You for Your Interest
in Becoming a
Grand Paws Pet Sitter
We are always looking for mature, professional, and trustworthy pet-loving people to join our team. Click here to meet our team. Our qualifications are specific -- we are only looking for permanent part-time and full-time commitments.
Pet sitting and dog walking offers a wonderful opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals. The schedules are flexible with planned time off. You get plenty of outdoor exercise while earning great pay. The animals lavish you with their love and affection, and the work is fun. Our sitters love what they do and find pet sitting very rewarding.
Availability is crucial to this position. You must be available for the following:
Pet sitting visits range from mornings (7-10am), mid-days (11-3pm), evenings (7-10pm), and sometimes an overnight visit in a client's home. Mid-day dog walking involves working late mornings to mid-afternoon. We look for people who can fulfill one or both of our service times. Assignments can include all seven days of the week and all major holiday availability is essential.
- Have experience caring for a variety of pets
- Are punctual, organized, proficient, and can follow clients' detailed instructions
- Are a mature, professional adult
- Own (not share) a reliable, insured vehicle and are willing to drive
- Have a cell phone, email account, and home access to a computer
- Can provide excellent personal and work related references
- Are willing to work Mon-Sun, holidays, and the hours we set forth in our service contact
- Have a clean driving record and pass a formal background check
- Live within our service area
- Are or willing to become pet/CPR certified
- Are able to be critiqued without taking offense
- Are a team player and are willing to grow
Some of the services you are required to perform are:
- Feed and water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication, including being able or willing to learn to give injections
- Exercise, play with, and brush pets
- Pick up after pets, including cleaning up occasional pet messes
- Daily dog walks (rain or shine)
- Overnight sitting (may be negotiable)
- Pet transport to and from veterinarian or groomer
- Bring in clients' mail, flyers, newspapers, and packages
- Alternate lights and blinds; check on overall security of home
- Water plants, roll out trash/recycle bins
Having a strong character and being detail oriented is critical to this position, as our clients' trust us with a great responsibility. This job is not for everyone and should be carefully considered. We require you to spend a couple of hours with a current sitter to get a feel for the job before we make a commitment. We are looking for people who not only have a passion for animals, but are continually educating themselves in animal care.
If you meet or exceed these qualifications, please complete the following questionnaire and submit it to us. If we have an opening in your area and your qualifications match our criteria, then we will contact you. If you do not hear from us right away, it may mean that we do not currently have a position open in your area. We will keep your application on file for six months. Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Grand Paws Pet Sitter team!
Should you be considered for a pet sitting position, we will contact you and email you a formal employment application. Thank you for your interest!